IHostAzure.com | Cheap and Reliable Composite C1 4.2 hosting. Composite C1 is recognized for being an easy-to-use professional system that fulfils the needs of hardcore developers, but remains accessible to editors. Out of the box users have access to a fully functional CMS and the option to add free packages such as an SEO-assistant and social add-ons or commercial packages including newsletter services and event calendars.
If you are new to Composite C1 and want to install it: http://docs.composite.net/Getting-started
You can upgrade to version 4.2 Update 1 from earlier Composite C1 releases – see guide lines below.
What’s new in 4.2 Update 1?
This update contain a number of fixes and is a recommended update to 4.2.
What’s new in 4.2?
Most important of all the 4.2 release enable users to build much richer web experiences – this is possible thanks to a simplified interface for changing C1 Function settings and ‘pixel perfect’ previews of C1 Functions in the Visual Editor, making it very easy to locate elements you need to update.
The list of changes below is not exhaustive, but contains the highlights of this release.
- C1 Functions embedded in the Visual Editor show a “perfect preview” of the function output.
- Editing C1 Functions from the Visual Editor is a lot more user friendly
- New responsive starter site “Venus” .
- The Visual Editor canvas width is now set to match the width of the content placeholder in the actual rendered template. If you update the template or CSS the width will follow.
- Content editing on iPad functional
- Server Log (moved to System perspective) contains login auditing, present stack traces much better and more. If verbose logging is enabled the log will also contain auditing info about major actions (like page edits) and user access changes.
- Google Chrome issues in the C1 Console fixed.
- ASP.NET Razor 3.1.1 now default
- New UI widget for selecting glyphicons and similar font based icons
- New security permission type ‘Configure’ added – actions like adding a new website and managing meta data / page folders now require this (or admin) permission.
You may not get the visual previews for C1 Functions if you run in certain hosting environments. In those cases you will get a generic representation of the C1 Function like previously.
This is the case on Windows Azure Web Sites (WAWS) – this is due do blocks in the IP stack on this platform.
You can upgrade manually (copy files, modify xml in config files etc.) or you can automate the procedure using an Upgrade Package.
The manual upgrade guidelines are posted “gratis” on CodePlex when available. They are intended for the tech savvy DIY developers and organizations.
If you are already on version 4.2 you can use the automated upgrade prodecure described below “Upgrading from earlier Composite C1 4.2 releases”.
The Upgrade Package is a paid service that provide you with upgrade support and a simple and painless upgrade path – you can upgrade directly from the web interface with a few clicks. Beside from making continuous upgrades easy you help fund the development of Composite C1, which is a super awesome thing to do.
Upgrading from earlier Composite C1 4.2 releases
We have created an upgrade package that will upgrade you from version 4.2 to 4.2 Update 1. Anyone can install this upgrade using the following steps:
- Make a backup of your website.
- In the C1 Console, go to “Packages” on the System perspective
- Browse down “Composite.Updates” and click “Package Info” on the 4.2 Update 1 upgrade
- In the Package Info view, click install
- Complete the wizard
After upgrading you should immediately see the new features – no configuration needed.
Best Recommendation Composite C1 4.2
ASPHostPortal.com is the leading provider of Windows hosting and affordable Composite C1 4.2 Hosting. ASPHostPortal proudly working to help grow the backbone of the Internet, the millions of individuals, families, micro-businesses, small business, and fledgling online businesses. ASPHostPortal has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch, ASPHostPortal guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET has over ten-year hosting experience and has developed thousands of loyal clients including individuals and large company owners. If you want excellent experience in Composite C1 4.2 hosting at the most affordable prices in the market, UKWindowsHostASP. NET is a good choice. We have been reviewed by dozens hosting reviews site and they compare us with over one hundred hosting providers. According to their reviews, we always awarded as High Quality Composite C1 4.2 Hosting that offer competitive prices : the Lite Class prices £1.00/mo while the Enterprise Class charges for only $14/mo.
DiscountService.biz is The Best and Cheap Composite C1 4.2 Hosting. DiscountService.biz was established to cater to an under served market in the hosting industry web hosting for customers who want excellent service. DiscountService.biz guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability. DiscountService.biz has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch. DiscountService.biz is devoted to offering the best Windows hosting solution for you